Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma

M. W. DeGregorio, O. Y. King, W. M. Holleran, B. J. Wilbur, E. C. Cadman, A. B. Deisseroth, J. R. Wilbur

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

17 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

Ultrafiltrate and total plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) platinum concentrations were examined in a patient with neuroblastoma following a 2-hour infusion of 120 mg/m2 of cisplatin. Total plasma platinum was 93.4% bound, while the ultrafiltrate of plasma accounted for the remaining 6.6%. The CSF ultrafiltrate resulted in equivalent concentrations of platinum to total CSF platinum. CSF concentrations were 2.9% of the total plasma platinum and 43.5% of the ultrafiltrate plasma platinum 2 hours after the end of the infusion.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)1441-1442
Number of pages2
JournalCancer Treatment Reports
Volume69
Issue number12
StatePublished - 1985
Externally publishedYes

Fingerprint

Platinum
Neuroblastoma
Cerebrospinal Fluid
Cisplatin

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Cancer Research
  • Oncology

Cite this

DeGregorio, M. W., King, O. Y., Holleran, W. M., Wilbur, B. J., Cadman, E. C., Deisseroth, A. B., & Wilbur, J. R. (1985). Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma. Cancer Treatment Reports, 69(12), 1441-1442.

Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma. / DeGregorio, M. W.; King, O. Y.; Holleran, W. M.; Wilbur, B. J.; Cadman, E. C.; Deisseroth, A. B.; Wilbur, J. R.

In: Cancer Treatment Reports, Vol. 69, No. 12, 1985, p. 1441-1442.

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

DeGregorio, MW, King, OY, Holleran, WM, Wilbur, BJ, Cadman, EC, Deisseroth, AB & Wilbur, JR 1985, 'Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma', Cancer Treatment Reports, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1441-1442.
DeGregorio MW, King OY, Holleran WM, Wilbur BJ, Cadman EC, Deisseroth AB et al. Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma. Cancer Treatment Reports. 1985;69(12):1441-1442.
DeGregorio, M. W. ; King, O. Y. ; Holleran, W. M. ; Wilbur, B. J. ; Cadman, E. C. ; Deisseroth, A. B. ; Wilbur, J. R. / Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma. In: Cancer Treatment Reports. 1985 ; Vol. 69, No. 12. pp. 1441-1442.
@article{b088de30dd3d426fb9a1eccbb578bc4d,
title = "Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma",
abstract = "Ultrafiltrate and total plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) platinum concentrations were examined in a patient with neuroblastoma following a 2-hour infusion of 120 mg/m2 of cisplatin. Total plasma platinum was 93.4{\%} bound, while the ultrafiltrate of plasma accounted for the remaining 6.6{\%}. The CSF ultrafiltrate resulted in equivalent concentrations of platinum to total CSF platinum. CSF concentrations were 2.9{\%} of the total plasma platinum and 43.5{\%} of the ultrafiltrate plasma platinum 2 hours after the end of the infusion.",
author = "DeGregorio, {M. W.} and King, {O. Y.} and Holleran, {W. M.} and Wilbur, {B. J.} and Cadman, {E. C.} and Deisseroth, {A. B.} and Wilbur, {J. R.}",
year = "1985",
language = "English (US)",
volume = "69",
pages = "1441--1442",
journal = "Journal of the National Cancer Institute",
issn = "0027-8874",
publisher = "Oxford University Press",
number = "12",

}

TY - JOUR

T1 - Ultrafiltrate and total platinum in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid in a patient with neuroblastoma

AU - DeGregorio, M. W.

AU - King, O. Y.

AU - Holleran, W. M.

AU - Wilbur, B. J.

AU - Cadman, E. C.

AU - Deisseroth, A. B.

AU - Wilbur, J. R.

PY - 1985

Y1 - 1985

N2 - Ultrafiltrate and total plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) platinum concentrations were examined in a patient with neuroblastoma following a 2-hour infusion of 120 mg/m2 of cisplatin. Total plasma platinum was 93.4% bound, while the ultrafiltrate of plasma accounted for the remaining 6.6%. The CSF ultrafiltrate resulted in equivalent concentrations of platinum to total CSF platinum. CSF concentrations were 2.9% of the total plasma platinum and 43.5% of the ultrafiltrate plasma platinum 2 hours after the end of the infusion.

AB - Ultrafiltrate and total plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) platinum concentrations were examined in a patient with neuroblastoma following a 2-hour infusion of 120 mg/m2 of cisplatin. Total plasma platinum was 93.4% bound, while the ultrafiltrate of plasma accounted for the remaining 6.6%. The CSF ultrafiltrate resulted in equivalent concentrations of platinum to total CSF platinum. CSF concentrations were 2.9% of the total plasma platinum and 43.5% of the ultrafiltrate plasma platinum 2 hours after the end of the infusion.

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0022333547&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0022333547&partnerID=8YFLogxK

M3 - Article

C2 - 4075318

AN - SCOPUS:0022333547

VL - 69

SP - 1441

EP - 1442

JO - Journal of the National Cancer Institute

JF - Journal of the National Cancer Institute

SN - 0027-8874

IS - 12

ER -