Pennyroyal oil toxicosis in a dog.

M. Sudekum, Robert H Poppenga, N. Raju, W. E. Braselton

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

36 Scopus citations

Abstract

A dog was treated for fleas with the application of pennyroyal oil obtained by the owner at a health food store. Vomiting ensued within 2 hours, and despite emergency treatment, the dog died within 48 hours. At necropsy, pennyroyal oil was determined to be the cause of death.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)817-818
Number of pages2
JournalJournal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
Volume200
Issue number6
StatePublished - Mar 15 1992
Externally publishedYes

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • veterinary(all)

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Pennyroyal oil toxicosis in a dog.'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this

    Sudekum, M., Poppenga, R. H., Raju, N., & Braselton, W. E. (1992). Pennyroyal oil toxicosis in a dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 200(6), 817-818.