Four cases of megaoesophagus secondary to tiger snake envenomation are reported. History in all cases suggested megaoesophagus was not present prior to snake envenomation. Diagnosis of megaoesophagus was confirmed by thoracic radiography in all cases. One dog died of respiratory failure. The remaining three dogs recovered, with gradual resolution of clinical signs associated with megaoesophagus.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||4|
|Journal||Australian Veterinary Journal|
|State||Published - Oct 2001|
- Snake bite
- Tiger snake
ASJC Scopus subject areas