A method is presented for automatically computing the exact value of all the partial derivatives up to any order of functions of several variables. The method uses principals developed previously for calculating first order derivatives but extends them with the principal of recursion to enable the calculation of higher order derivatives.
- Data structures.
- Numerical differentiation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Computational Theory and Mathematics
- Statistics, Probability and Uncertainty
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Computational Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Statistics and Probability