A case of Datisca glomerata poisoning in beef cattle

F. D. Galey, B. J. Johnson, R. Bruce, J. McCaskill

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

1 Scopus citations

Abstract

Six of 175 Angus heifers died after ingesting excessive amounts of Durango root (Datisca glomerata). Animals had rumens full of Durango root, were extremely lethargic, and had diarrhea prior to death. The animals had nonspecific postmortem lesions. This case is discussed in light of previous findings from trials in which Durango root was experimentally fed to cattle.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)575-576
Number of pages2
JournalVeterinary and Human Toxicology
Volume32
Issue number6
StatePublished - 1990

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • veterinary(all)
  • Toxicology
  • Health, Toxicology and Mutagenesis

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'A case of Datisca glomerata poisoning in beef cattle'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this

    Galey, F. D., Johnson, B. J., Bruce, R., & McCaskill, J. (1990). A case of Datisca glomerata poisoning in beef cattle. Veterinary and Human Toxicology, 32(6), 575-576.